Friday, June 14, 2013

Back to Blogging, Personal Thoughts and College

Can't believe it's been more than a year since I blogged, but anyway, I'm back!~ And with a new layout, too. Thank you BlogspotTemplates for the template!

Also, I promise to make my blog, well, more me I suppose. I've changed a lot since the last time I blogged.

For this first post (that dramatically marks my return *cough*) I'm just going to well dwell on some thoughts. Without the nagging and everything. And scoldings. And nagging - wait, I said that already. Anyhow, thoughts ahoy!

I started college this year - 


In...January.


Yeah, I know. A lot of my friends asked me why I started so early, why didn't I take a break when I could, why didn't I work...etc.etc. Well, the thing was, I felt bored. And really unproductive. Plus, I felt like I was confined in the house. It was as if I was suffocating and everything around me was just stifling and stuff. And college felt right somehow. You know that feeling when you just know that it's right? Yeah, that's what I felt.

It worked out well. I have no regrets starting in January, honestly. Funny, really, cause my initial plan was to actually start in July. But seriously? I'm glad I went with my instincts. I met really great people, and had lots of fun with them. I got to challenge myself by designing tickets, posters and so much more stuff for my assignments and advertising for college events/stuff.

For an assignment (with a few sources used. Thanks, Google Images and respective sources!)



I also got to design the ticket for my course's prom, so that was just pretty amazing - though challenging. My friend came up with the design, and I did it digitally on Photoshop. It took quite some time though, about 7-8 hours? Or more than that, I'm not sure. I made some minor changes here and there while and after discussing with said friend. On the whole, I think it came out great.

The Final Outcome (Printed!)

Credits and thanks to Adrian for the design and discussion. And trusting me to make it real.

I took the picture of the ticket with my phone, but the lighting didn't come out right when I uploaded it onto the PC for some reason eventhough it looked fine on said phone. So I tweaked with lighting filters, editing it on Photoshop to make it as close to the genuine ticket as possible.


*gives self a pat on the back* (What?)

Honestly, I never expected to go this far with my Photoshop skills (I'm a beginner, in my opinion.) but it was pretty good to bust out my creative/imagination skills.

I love this quote on creativity by George Bernard Shaw. It sums up how and what I feel + think perfectly.


Well, with this quote I'll end for now.

Bye and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment